Here is how I can help you:
- I offer traditional mastering and “analogifying” your mix stems for you using fantastic analog equipment (Neve & API style saturation, compression, EQ).
- I will gladly work with you during the mixing and production process to offer you my feedback before we actually go into mastering. I think in an ideal situation mastering should be about communication and cultivating a relationship. This process will give you the best possible results.
- I use analog gear as well as the best software and plugins (Pro Tools, UAD, Tokyo Dawn Labs, FabFilter, Brainworx, Oeksound, Waves, Slate Digital, etc). I feel this hybrid approach gives you the best of both worlds.
- I work in a well treated room with great conversion (Dangerous Music) and speakers (Adam S2X). I am using the Sonarworks Reference software to measure the room and calibrate the sound to it.
- I have 10 years of experience doing mastering and 20+ years in music production.
“If Ilpo was a footballer he’d be Gareth Bale because he has always been good but now he’s one of the best no doubt.”
– Digital (Function Records)
“Your mastering has blown me away!”
– Morphy / Dubmonger (Function Records, Exit)
“I’ve always been really happy with your work. You’ll always have business from us.”
– Brian / Rogue State (Translation Recordings)
“We strongly recommend a lot of labels should look into this seriously. The amount of badly mastered digital tracks we receive from small labels is big, and a service like this is the cure for that. Big up!”
– Digital Tunes
“I recommend this geezer 100%.”
– Physics (Midnight Sun, Metalheadz, MAC II)
“Shout to Ilpo – quick turnaround on mastering, great sound achieved IMO and friendly service.”
– Dave Knights
Services and Pricing
Mastering service: 45 € / 1 song. Includes 1 master file in the format of your choice (16 bit / 44.1 kHz WAV unless specified otherwise).
Additional masters customised for different specifications (iTunes, Spotify, etc): 7 € / 1 version.
Recalls & revisions: Free of charge (reasonable amount and assuming premaster doesn’t change).
Adjustment for new premaster after work has started: + 10 € / song.
Stem mastering (up to 8 mixed stereo tracks): 75 € / 1 song.
Analog stem mojo (pre-cooking mix stems via analog chain): 8 € / stem. This is the perfect antidote for flat sounding digital mixes. I will process your mix stems using my analog chain. Depending on the situation I will apply Neve or API style harmonics/saturation (or both), compression and EQ. I will deliver the stems back to you so you can finish your mix with the improved material. It gives your music mojo, 3D depth, smack, sheen, thicker bass, more dimension and better definition. It makes your mixing work easier and your music sounding better. You will love it (or money back).
Express delivery (within 24 hours from payment): + 15 € / song.
Value Added Tax
- If you are a company or an individual outside the EU, no VAT is added.
- If you are a company inside the EU (but outside Finland), no VAT is added (reverse charge). Valid EU VAT ID required.
- If you are an individual inside the EU or a company inside Finland, VAT 24% is added according to Finnish laws.
- Email me via the contact form below or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with these details:
- What service are you interested in? How many songs or stems?
- Do you want me to listen and give feedback during mixing / production? I will gladly do that if you have time.
- Your billing details: name, address, EU VAT ID (for companies within the EU).
- I will then confirm the cost and schedule with you.
- Payments are handled via PayPal (you’ll receive an invoice via email).
Guidelines for submitting files
- Render/bounce files in 24 or 32 bit WAV or AIFF format. Use the same sample rate you work at (typically 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz or 96 kHz).
- Be careful with any processing on your master bus. I won’t say you shouldn’t use any compression, EQ or even limiting on your master bus. You can, if that is the sound you want, if you can be certain you are doing it correctly and not getting any accidental artefacts, and if you can trust what you are hearing.
- Don’t worry about the exact amount of headroom in your premaster/stems. I will manually adjust for the correct headroom at the beginning of the process in any case. As long as it’s not clipping and it’s not peaking much less than -8 dBFS, you are just fine.
- Send me files via a service of your choice. I recommend WeTransfer – it’s free, easy and reliable.
- Let me know what are your destination platforms so that I can adjust my work accordingly. iTunes and Spotify both have different specifications to follow in mastering, for example. I can provide different masters for each platform if needed (see pricing).
- Analog stem mojo service: I will deliver your stems in WAV 24 bit format and with the same sample rate you are using.